Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Project Wikipedia: Success but at what cost?


Well lucratively, it cost me nothing unless, if you put a dollar amount next to what the worth of my time. Between juggling my ideas through different operating systems, encrypted firmware, and just general frustration, I probably spent more time on this project then I should of. But hey isn't that what learning is all about.

In the process of making this project I could fell the frustrations of many people in our modern technology driven society, trying to keep up with the amount of new technologies that are put into play almost every day. Luckily for me I am relatively good at adjusting my learning practices into a new mode of information. It is easier for me to learn a new program versus learning how to wrangle cattle.

The Internet being a larger and larger source of communication it is bringing a new level of literacy into the masses, learning has gone technical and very indirect. Instead of seeing the consequences for your actions unfold before your eyes an error message appears. The blue screen of death could be making a mistake as big as death itself. As new problems occur new modern solutions also appear and bring the level of communication and problem solving to happen.

According to Social Psychologist, George Herbert Mead, communication is a tool for problem solving. With the speed of communication increasing very quickly the amount of problems that humans can accomplish may increase, but there is still only a certain amount of information that can occur.

No comments: